What’s Going On
OMG!? What happens now that MRG is closed!? Of course you come to MRG for the skiing, but here’s a bunch of other cool off-season reasons – festivals, weddings and other events – to keep MRG on your radar. We will be updating this frequently so be sure to check back. You can also subscribe to our blog (over and up on the right,) and get the latest posts emailed right to your inbox. Check out Mad River Glen’s Event Calendar for a complete list of mountain events.
2Triple Crown Vertical Challenge The 1st leg of the Triple Crown Competition Series 3Starline Rhythm Boys
- 6 Town Meeting Day Special Vermont high school, middle school and elementary school students Ski FREE
- 6 John Kearns Memorial Town Meeting Day Slalom (jJ3 & J4)A tip of the hat to Mad River Race Legend Jay Kearns VARA Race – See the Mad River Ski Club Kids Rip It Up! Mad River Glen – Race It If You Can!
- 9 Full Moon Dinner & Snowshoe Join our Naturalist guides for a special evening as we explore the beauty and nature of the mountain under the full moon light! Enjoy a hearty dinner at General Stark’s Pub with Lawson’s Finest brews on tap (cash bar) then venture out for an easy to moderate one hour snowshoe trek. All ages welcome. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED BY 4 PM THE DAY OF THE EVENT. CALL (802) 496-3551 EXT. 117 Cost: $30 per person. Full Moon Snowshoe only – $15 pp. Dinner service starts at 7pm; Snowshoe starts at 8pm.
- 10-11 37th Annual North American Telemark Festival The world’s largest and oldest gathering of Telemark skiers.
- 17 Triple Crown Mogul Challenge The 3rd leg of the Triple Crown Competition Series
- 17 Backcountry Challenge presented by Wolaver’s and MRG This challenge pits you against the backcountry! This is not a race. There are no winners and no losers – only those who finish the course and those who don’t. Choose your gear – telemark, snowshoe, or randonee – as you adventure through the rugged terrain of the Green Mountain spine. A raffle of awesome prizes follows the challenge. Sponsored by the Wolaver’s Organic Ales (www.wolavers.com). Cost: Entry fee is $15 including lunch!
- 17- 18 Last Weekend of MRG Seasonal Kids Programs
- 24 Mad River Glen Family Tournament A fun family oriented race where participants compete for winning family combinations. Cost: $5 per person
- 7 Co-op Shareholders Annual Meeting
- 8 Easter Fesivities at MRG – If mountain is open – Mountain-top services at 8 AM, Easter Egg Hunts at 11 AM, Chicken BBQ & Easter Costume Parade at 1:30 PM8 AM Services (be there before 7:30 if you want to ride up)